Date: Wednesday 11th September, 2019
This course will address emerging topics in Neuro-Ophthalmology. Short cases will highlight salient points prior to comprehensive presentations. Among the topics for discussion will include the utility of OCT and OCT Angiography in your clinic; ischemic optic neuropathy including new treatments and ongoing trials; advances in the understanding of paediatric optic neuritis; and inherited optic neuropathies including Leber Hereditary Optic Neuropathy.
Ophthalmologists, Neurologists, Orthoptists and Optometrists who participate in general eye care and in subspecialty practices concentrating on neuro-ophthalmology will find interest in attending this course. It will be of value to those preparing for exams or refreshing their neuro-ophthalmology knowledge.
Upon completion of this program, delegates should be able to
• Describe the emerging role of OCT angiography imaging in ischaemic optic neuropathy, papilloedema and pseudopapilloedema.
• Review typical non-artertic anterior ischaemic optic neuropathy (NAION) and discuss the rationale for the current treatment trials for NAION.
• Describe the advances in inherited optic neuropathies including Leber Hereditary Optic Neuropathy.
• Differentiate the causes of inflammatory optic neuropathies and how to investigate them
• Describe recent developments in our understanding of paediatric optic neuritis.
• Describe the new thinking of the pathophysiology of idiopathic intracranial hypertension.
The course faculty are recognised international experts in neuro-ophthalmology and will give a comprehensive review and up to date overview of their subject.
Everyman Cinema, The Mailbox, Birmingham
Wednesday 11th September 2019 between 0900-1700
The day has been kindly subsidised by Santhera. Santhera have no input to the educational content of the meeting.
Consultant grade: £80
Non-consultant and allied health professional: £50
Please let us know your dietary restrictions.
Please note that registration for this course has now closed. Should you have any queries regarding this, please contact the course organiser, Dr Virdee at email@example.com