Show your support for our NHS and take on your very own mountain-climbing challenge!
At University Hospitals Birmingham Charity, we know that staying at home won’t stop our amazing fundraisers from doing their bit! Our Steps Challenge is the perfect way for you to get involved, and help us to support our staff and patients across our hospitals.
The goal of the challenge is to climb the equivalent height of your chosen mountain up the stairs, within the safety of your own home. It’s easy to get started – use our guide to choose your mountain, check the number of stairs in your house and set your daily goal.
Take on this challenge as an individual, or get a team together and split the steps between you!
We have done some maths for you, to make it easier for you to take on the challenge. Here are some famous mountains and the steps that you’ll need to complete in order to conquer them!
- Scafell Pike, England – 6,190 steps (978 metres)
- Snowdon, Wales – 7,182 steps (1,085 metres)
- Ben Nevis, Scotland – 8,810 steps (1,345 metres)
- Matterhorn, Alps – 19,200 steps (4,478 metres)
- Mont Blanc, France – 30,420 steps (4,478 metres)
- Kilimanjaro, Tanzania – 38,680 steps (5,895 metres)
- Everest, Nepal – 58,070 steps (8,848 metres)