UHB Charity is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
UHB Charity may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes. This policy is effective from 18th April 2018 and was last revised on 4th August 2022.
What we collect
We may collect the following information:
• contact information including email address, postal address, telephone number
• communication preferences (such as how often and how you would like us to contact you)
• other information relevant to processing your donation (such as taxpayer status for the purposes of claiming Gift Aid on your donation)
• other information relevant to processing your interaction with the Charity (such as a request for charity t-shirts, merchandise, collecting goblets)
What we do with the information we gather
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
• Internal record keeping
• Processing of Gift Aid claims to HMRC
• We may use the information to improve our products and services
• We may periodically send promotional emails about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided as long as you have consented to us sending you emails
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect.
Use of third parties
UHB Charity has contracts in place with University Hospitals Birmingham NHS Foundation Trust for the purposes of providing accounting, information technology and financial support, with Blackbaud Europe Ltd and Care Data Systems Ltd for the purposes of providing database support, and with Mazars and RSM for the purposes of providing audit support. Any data shared with these companies is still subject to this Privacy notice and the companies have confirmed their compliance with the relevant data protection legislation.
Retention of data
UHB Charity holds your data for the purposes of providing services you have requested, or where there is a legitimate business interest (such as the requirement to keep Gift Aid forms for a period of 6 years).
Where UHB Charity identifies no further need to keep your data it will be deleted.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer's hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use Google Analytics’ traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
We also use data from Google's Interest-based advertising or 3rd-party audience data (such as age, gender, and interests) with Google Analytics.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Controlling your personal information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
• we will only use your personal information to contact you when you have given us permission to do so, either by signing up to our newsletter, or by ticking the box on our donation page asking to be kept informed of what the Charity is doing.
• if you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for contacting you, you may change your mind at any time by writing to or emailing us at email@example.com
We will not sell your personal information to third parties.
We may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties which we think you may find interesting if you tell us that you wish this to happen.
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 2018. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please write to Data Protection Officer, University Hospitals Birmingham Charity, Fisher House, Mindelsohn Way, Queen Elizabeth Hospital, Birmingham, B15 2GN.
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible, at the above address. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.